BEST PRICE PROMISE
The patchable modular synth experience is now available in a compact, affordable package. With the excitement of a full-sized modular synthesizer packed into a fun table-top unit, PHENOL includes tons of amazing features. But the best part is that it sounds fantastic!
PHENOL - Patchable Analog Synthesizer
Portable, patchable, powerful modular-inspired synthesizer.
PHENOL is a new type of electronic instrument from Kilpatrick Audio. Inspired by modular synthesizers, PHENOL offers the creative potential, sound and hands-on experience of a modular synth, in a sleek, compact and affordable package. And best of all, PHENOL is compatible with modular systems because it uses the same voltages and banana connectors as the Kilpatrick Format and similar modular synthesizers.
Whether you already love modular synthesizers and want a smaller instrument for portability, or whether you've heard about modular synths and want to get your feet wet, PHENOL offers an amazing instrument at a great price.
- Banana patch system with colour-coded jacks and voltages compatible with Kilpatrick Format and other modular systems - PHENOL Panel Layout
- Two analog VCOs - triangle, ramp and pulse outputs
- Two analog filters - low pass and band pass (formerly labeled high pass)
- Two analog VCAs with level control
- Two envelope generator / LFO combos with many unique features (digital)
- An LFO with sine and random output (digital)
- Internal MIDI to CV converter with DIN and USB MIDI interfaces
- Built-in MIDI sequencer / looper
- Compact mixer with digital delay (330ms of delay time)
- Digital pulse divider - divide MIDI clock, LFOs or audio signals into useful musical divisions
- Buffered analog mixer / mult / inverter with level control
- Two external audio inputs buffer and amplify line-level signals - process drum machine or other audio sources through the system
- Rear panel connections / controls:
- USB-B port for USB MIDI connection to a PC / Mac
- Headphone and line outputs (1/4" jacks)
- Power button
- DC power input - 2.1mm coax - centre positive 24VDC
- Ground banana jack
- External input (1/4" jacks)
- Power input: 24VDC @ 250mA (500mA regulated supply required)
- Operating temperature: 15C to 30C (59F to 86F)
- Storage temperature: -10C to 45C (14F to 113F)
- Dimensions: 15.8"W x 8.8"L x 2.5"H (including feet and knobs)
- Weight: 5lbs (2.27kg)
Universal input power supply (100-240V) included
- units purchased from North American dealers ship with a US-style plug
- units purchased from UK, EU and Australian dealers ship with a set of plugs for US, UK, EU and Australia
- Designed and made in Canada using high quality parts
- Warranty: 1 year (30 day warranty on cables)
- Comes packaged with 10x starter banana cables.