BEST PRICE PROMISE
The Alpha·Omega 900 takes the best elements of our most successful distortion preamplifier ever, combined with state of the art features to make a monstrous 900-watt amplifier with earth-shattering tone. While Darkglass' signature Alpha and Omega drive engines add incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, the studio-grade VCA compressor adds an extra layer of control, and the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer can help sculpt the tone from aggressive and overdriven to crystal clear clean, whatever your needs may be.
That's not everything though, the MIDI programmability and impulse response cabinet simulation with up to three different storable virtual cabinets make the AO900 not only one of the most complete amplifiers for the touring musician but combined with the auxiliary input and headphone output, the ideal tool for silent practicing.
The Alpha Omega 900 amplifies the best qualities of one of the most powerful and distinct Darkglass products ever made.
Front Panel Features
- Input / Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
- Active/Passive / Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Distortion / Use this push button to turn on or off the Alpha·Omega Engine™ to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
The Alpha·Omega Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6-Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping).
- Bite / Boosts high mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl / Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Compression / This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha·Omega Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
- Drive / This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha·Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
- Level / Use this knob to control Alpha·Omega Engine’s output volume.
- Blend / Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Alpha·Omega Engine).
- Mod / Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Gain / Use this knob to change the volume of the signal before the Active 6 Band EQ. You can set it low for ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for a more aggressive growl.
- Bass / +-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low-end content of the signal.
- Mids / +-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ control the mid content of the signal.
- Treble / +-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
- Master / Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute / Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
- DIMENSIONS / 26.7cm l x 7cm h 25.5 w (10.5”l x 2.75”h x 10”w) / Weight: 2.9Kg (6.39Lbs)
Back Panel Features
- Speaker Output / Use this connector to connect the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable operation. The outputs are connected in parallel.
- WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
- Min-Load / Press this switch when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ω cabinet is not able handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ω cabinet in this configuration).
- Send / Use this output to send the signal to effects pedals.
- Return / Use this input to receive the signal from effects pedals. Master volume control is after this input.
- Ground Lift / Use this control to lift the ground of the DI XLR outputs. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal try changing the setting of this control.
- Pre DI Output / Use this output to send a balanced copy of your input signal to recording equipment, mixer etc. The output is latency compensated to match with the Post DI Output
- Post DI Output / The signal for this output is taken after the distortion, EQ and effects loop, and processed through the cabinet simulation engine. The output is latency compensated with the Pre DI Output, and not affected by the master volume.
- USB / The usb connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp (midi, compressor, etc.).
- Headphone Output / Connect your Headphones and enjoy the impulse response cabinet emulation.
- Headphone Volume / Controls the volume of the headphone output.
- Aux In / Use this connector to provide to the Headphone output music from your laptop, cellphone, mp3 player, etc.
- Cabinet Select / Switches between 3 different cabinet impulses and bypass this section for a rawer sound. Hold this button enter MIDI Learn mode to choose the MIDI channel.
- MIDI / The midi input allows you to change channels, toggle the mute and compressor, and select the cabinet simulation slot with any standard MIDI device. Both Program Change and Control Change commands can be used.
- Footswitch / The Intelligent Footswitch is a proprietary digitally controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Alpha·Omega Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The distortion push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
- You can use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
- You must remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
- AC Socket / Use this connector to feed electric power to the amp.
- AC Power ON/OFF / Use this Switch to release the audio energy from your bass.