Incredible Tone-shaping Potential for Your Bass
Delivering rich harmonic intensity you can focus on any part of your tonal spectrum, the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra bass preamp pedal offers big creative potential. You'll be able to compress and overdrive your lows and highs independently, allowing you to craft the perfect combination of low-end punch and impact with high-end bite and clarity. Variable controls allow you to choose how your lows and highs are split, while a six-band graphic EQ gives you ample tone-shaping capability. Complete with a direct output plus an award-winning impulse response cabinet simulation, the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra equips you with much more than overdrive.
Shape your tone with two variable filters
Before driving your tone, the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra bass preamp pedal splits your signal with two filters. A variable lowpass filter lets you choose how much of your signal remains clean and punchy, while a highpass filter determines how much of your tone will be sent through the drive circuit. Individual level controls for each signal path allow you to balance each to your liking.
6-band graphic EQ holds your bass in the mix
Bassists at Sweetwater that play a lot of different styles appreciate the flexibility of the 4-band graphic EQ on the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra pedal. Regardless of how many guitars, keyboards, and vocalists you're working with, you have the ability to dial in just the right midrange character to sit well in the mix. You have high- and low-shelving bands, plus sliders for 250Hz, 500Hz, 1.5kHz, and 3kHz. A master level slider allows you to compensate for extreme boosts or cuts.
Built-in cabinet simulation
To make the Microtubes X Ultra pedal a complete tone solution for bassists, Darkglass equips it with their award-winning impulse response cabinet simulation. Selectable via a button next to the XLR direct output, you'll be able to send the sound of a miked cabinet directly out to a PA system or recording device.
Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra Bass Preamp Pedal Features:
- Bass preamp/overdrive pedal
- Direct output and parallel output for flexible routing options
- Splits your signal to 2 variable filters for tone shaping
- Lowpass-filtered signal remains clean for maximum punch and fundamental impact
- Highpass-filtered signal goes to the drive circuit for adding harmonic saturation
- Variable frequency controls allow you to choose where your signal is split
- Level controls for high and low filters allow you to create your ideal sonic combination
- 6-band graphic EQ with high- and low-shelving bands, 250Hz, 500Hz band, 1.5kHz band, 3kHz band, and master level control
- Aux input allows you to plug in a music player for practice sessions
Bass Preamp, Overdrive
9V DC power supply (sold separately)