Break the Pattern with a Future Classic
The Polyend Tracker is a unique take on a retro form factor, aimed at artists who break patterns on a daily basis. Don't let the classic look fool you, Tracker is equipped with powerful modern functionality, FX, and the forward thinking creative tricks that Polyend brings to all of their highly regarded instruments.
The Polyend Tracker is an innovative, inspiring and immediate tool for making music. It functions as a sampler, a synthesizer, and is equipped with a powerful and creative sequencer. Tracker has a large screen, ergonomic keyboard, and a big knob for fast and easy navigation. With Bidirectional MIDI control it plays nice with other gear. It's also standalone and portable – everything you need to produce music anywhere you are.
Tracker features an 8 track sequencer. Each project you create can hold 255 patterns with up to 128 steps each. Every step on each track has dedicated slots for inserting Notes, Instruments, and 2 Effects slots. Use Song Mode to arrange different patterns together to create a Song, or use the Perform Mode to mangle, remix, and apply global FX parameters to individual tracks in your patterns
Instruments and Samples:
Every Tracker project can be loaded with up to 48 sample-based instruments that can be played in any step in each of the 8 Tracks. Load your .wav files, record from the Line or Mic Input, or sample from the airwaves using the on-board FM Radio. Each individual instrument gives you control over Instrument Parameters that give you robust tools (Volume, Tuning, Panning, LP, BP, and HP Filters, Reverb Send, ADSR's, LFO’s) to craft an instrument from any sample
Choose between 7 Playback types for each instrument: 1-Shot, Forward Loop, Backward Loop, Pingpong Loop, Slice, Wavetable, and Granular Synthesizer.
Use the Sample Editor to alter and render new samples from your existing ones right on-board the unit. You can Crop and Reverse sections of samples and apply FX like Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Compression, and Limiting.
Choose the Wavetable or Granular Synthesizer Playback Mode to play your samples like a synthesizer! Full-blown Wavetable synthesis with variable table length makes it compatible with the most popular standards (Ableton Wave and Serum compatible). Choose the Granular synthesizer engine to create out of this world sounds and textures. You’ll have all the tools you need to craft something new and interesting out of your tired old samples.
Tracker allows you to manually Slice your samples or use the Trackers Auto-Slice feature to cut up your samples (up to 48 Slices). Play individual Slices with the Grid controller. You can also choose to automate precisely (or randomly) which Slices play on a per step basis.
- Vertical scrolling timeline allows for streamlined access to your tracks
- Each project holds 255 Patterns with up to 128 steps each.
- 8 Tracks per pattern
- Each track has Note, Instrument, and 2 FX parameter locks per-step
- Over 20 FX types to choose from, including MIDI CC and Program Change Values
- "Fill" automatically fills Steps, Notes, Instruments, and FX data, based on the conditions you set. Be as random or precise as you want with the Fill Function by choosing which Steps to fill and even choose a range of Musical Scales and Values to populate your tracks quickly
- Invert function allows you to flip whole tracks or selected steps
- Step Function allows you to add Notes, Instruments, and Effects in increments of 1-32 steps
- Use the 48 pads to play your samples, slices, and the synthesizer engines
- Customize the pad layout to play scales
- Use the grid to choose Notes, FX, or Patterns
- Record your patterns live with the grid
- Use the Grid to trigger Performance FX like Step Repeater, Pattern Play Modes, Reverse Playback, Panning, Cuttoff, etc.
- 5V 1A USB powered over USB C
- Easily powered by a portable power bank, computer, or the included wall adapter.
- MIDI In and Out (MIDI DIN to MIDI Mini Adapter included)
- 1/8 inch Mono Line and Mic Input
- 1/8 inch Stereo Output (1/8 inch to 1/4 inch stereo splitter cable included)
- Includes Micro SD Card with Micro SD to USB adapter
- On board Digital Manual included on each unit for reference!
Dimensions and Build:
- Crafted from Sturdy Anodized Aluminum
- High Quality Mechanical Keyboard
- 48 Custom Designed Polyend Silicone Grid Pads
- High Quality Rotary Encoder
- Dimensions: 11” x 8.5” x 1.5”
- Weight: 4 lbs