Since the release of the JUPITER-4 in 1978, the name JUPITER has marked the pinnacle of Roland sound and playability. Roland synthesizers with the JUPITER name carry our most advanced sound technologies, are supremely playable, and are built from premium materials.
JUPITER-Xm combines classic Roland design and premium build quality with a powerful new synth engine. It faithfully recreates sought-after instruments from our long history of genre-defining sounds. And with multiple layers, loads of polyphony, and deep hands-on control, you can craft huge, spacious sounds that have as much sparkle as they have warmth and punch.
Self-contained, ultra-portable, idea machine.
JUPITER-Xm may redefine what you think a synthesizer can be. It has a universe of sounds, expanding all the time. It can jam with you, inspire you, and capture your ideas. It can go just about anywhere, and it doesn’t need any cables or wires to function—not even for power. The JUPITER-Xm is an entire electronic production and performance environment that you can put under one arm. Where you take it, is up to you.
Classic analog to vintage digital. And beyond.
JUPITER-Xm is equipped with our latest sound engine, capable of morphing into legendary synths from our long history of genre-defining sounds. It’s so flexible that it can reproduce our highly sought-after analog classics like the JUPITER-8, JUNO-106, and SH-101, as well as digital machines like the vintage XV-5080 and modern RD pianos. You also get the many Roland drum machines that are the foundation of electronic and dance music like the TR-808, TR-909, CR-78, and more. It’s like a studio full of vintage gear, with modern capabilities and a deep synth engine so you can explore unmapped sonic territory.
Need something wonderful, fast? JUPITER-Xm’s I-Arpeggio is a next generation arpeggiator that uses artificial intelligence to not just accompany you, but to inspire you. I-Arpeggio takes your input—notes, rhythms, phrases—and creates complementary drum parts, basslines, chords, and arpeggiated lines. It works on each of JUPITER-Xm’s five parts simultaneously, and generated patterns can be customized and even exported to your DAW. These aren’t canned backing tracks—they’re intelligently generated beats and phrases that energize live performance and pulverize writer’s block.
The power of polyphony.
JUPITER-Xm can layer up to five parts, four for synths and one for drums. Its engine can power multiple authentic Roland classics like the JX-8P or JUPITER-8 with enough polyphony to create thick layers and complex backing parts. Create the perfect bass and lead split with an SH-101 and JUNO-106, layer a rich RD piano with lush JX-8P strings, or make a monster stack of JUPITER-8s.
- Keyboard 37 Keys (compact type with velocity)Sound GeneratorZEN-Core
- Various MODEL sound generatorsParts5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)TonesPreset tone: 4,000 or greater
- User tone: 256
- Drum Kit: 90 or greaterScene256EffectsMulti-Effects: 4 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 5 systems
- Reverb: 7 types
- Chorus: 4 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Mic NS / Comp
- Master EQ / Comp
- ArpeggiatorI-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio Parts5 partsControllersPitch Bend Wheel
- Modulation Wheel
- Assignable Slider x 2
- Assignable Switch x 3
- BluetoothVer 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)DisplayGraphic LCD 128 x 64 dotsSpeaker Amplifier Power Output4 W x 2SpeakersFull range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2
- Tweeter 2 cm x 2ConnectorsHEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
- AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- HOLD PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port
- DC IN jackExternal MemoryUSB Flash drive (sold separately)Power SupplyDC 12 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8Current Draw1,500 mAAccessoriesOwner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor (PSB-5U)
- Power cord
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
* Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 576 mm / 22-11/16 inches
- Depth 308 mm / 12-1/8 inches
- Height 93 mm / 3-11/16 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor, Batteries) 4.4 kg / 9 lbs 12 oz