Designed to work specifically with K (keys, synths), G (guitar), and B (bass), the KGB JR Series is a scaled-back version of our main KGB Series. Here, we've dropped the Blend Fader section for those who don’t need it and would rather have a smaller footprint.
VALCO KGB FUZZ JR.
The Variable Input Impedance works best with passive instruments (guitar/bass) and allows tone-sculpting with or without the fuzz circuit engaged. Lower settings yield softer dynamics/transients with a notable ‘rounded/vintage’ feel and tone. Higher settings gives a sharper high frequency response with a more direct/aggressive transient feel and more perceived gain. This makes for a great ’shaping’ control, where you can tune the pedal for its best response to the pickups you are using and how you want them to react/feel.
- Variable Input Impedance Selection.
- Multi-mode Silicon Fuzz, covering ’Two Knob’, ‘ToneBender’, ‘Muff’ and ‘Velcro’ fuzz styles.
Impedance Selector- Changes the input impedance value, allowing you to change the tonality of the fuzz, dry signal, or any other pedal down the line. Recreates lower impedance sounds of vintage fuzz pedals. Allows you to alter/tune the transient/dynamic response of your guitar and signal path.
- LINE/INST Switch - activates the Impedance Selector when set to ‘Inst’. In ‘Line’ position, impedance is fixed.
- FUZZ - Controls the amount of Fuzz.
- TONE - Controls the tonal voicing. Tone is modified by the 4-position rotary switch, bypassed completely when the Voice is set to OFF.
- OUTPUT - Controls the overall output volume of the Fuzz section/circuit. Increased output headroom so you’ll never go unheard!
- VOICE - Selects the fuzz voice.
OFF- 'Tone Bypass’. Acts as a ‘2 Knob’ fuzz, using FUZZ and LEVEL controls only.
- 1- ‘Mid Scoop’. Introduces a 1Khz EQ dip, giving a ‘Muff’ style fuzz.
- 2- ‘3 Knob Mode’. A more neutral EQ curve with increased mid focus. Great for both rhythm and lead fuzz tones.
- 3- ‘Gated’. Using the same EQ circuit as Voice 2, Voice 3 configures the fuzz section to enter deep bias saturation with the introduction of an extra input drive stage. The more you drive, the more gnarly and gated the sound becomes. The classic gated/starved fuzz sound.
- 1/4” Input.
- Dry Out (permanent ‘thru’ dry signal (pre-imp selector)).
- 1/4’ Output.
Power: The KGB Fuzz JR can be powered by a standard 9V center-negative AC adapter or 9V battery.
Dimensions: 7.09" length X 4.33" width X 3.43" height (180mm X 110mm X 87 mm)