Offspring from a noble house - the little synthesizer machine with the big and evil sound. Waldorf is back in the game. With the Blofeld. This synthesizer offers all the unique qualities that made Waldorf a truly legendary brand.
The engine inside the heavy duty, full metal chassis of the Blofeld delivers the same fat and rich sound that so many Waldorf users worldwide love when they play their Pulse, Q, Q+, Micro Q, Microwave, Microwave II/XT, or even the flagship Wave.
Yes, you've heard it right. The Blofeld is not only capable of producing these warm, organic analog sounds known from the Q synthesizer line, it also sports a wavetable engine like its predecessors with "Wave" in their names.
This unique synthesis system is based upon the revolutionary PPG Wave synthesizers of the early 80s. So when you listen to the Blofeld for the first time, you will instantly recognize those edgy, hard-hitting and bell-like timbres that have been an integral part of so many world hits from the PPG era on, and become increasingly popular once more.
In fact it is amazing to realize that nowadays this complex technology fits into such a slim and elegant device. And for a price no-one would have imagined a couple of years ago.
• sturdy Metal Enclosure
• 7 endless stainless steel Dials
• Graphic Display 128 x 64 pixels, b/w, white background LED
• more than 1000 Sounds
• 3 Oscillators per voice
• Frequency Modulation between the Oscillators
• All Q Oscillator Models
• All Microwave II/XT/XTk Wavetables
• 2 independent Multi Mode Filters per voice
• Filter FM
• 2 Drive stages per voice with selectable Drive Curves
• 3 fast LFOs per voice
• 4 fast Envelopes per voice
• powerful Arpeggiator
• freely programmable Arpeggiator Pattern with up to 16 Steps per Sound