BEST PRICE PROMISE
Sending is an analog delay that melds the archaic voice of bucket brigade devices with a fully modern toolbox of digital control. It embraces the character and idiosyncrasies of the medium while delivering high quality sound and performance-friendly features worthy of the modern musician.
Using two MN3005 BBDs and comprehensive analog processing techniques, Sending can delay a sound up to a full second without clock noise, and it can be pushed to even longer times for compelling sonic degradation. At the input is a discrete preamplifier capable of subtle enhancement or warm saturation that melds perfectly with the delay line. A dual-mode feedback filter shapes the repeats into deep pulses or dub-style bright echoes. Its flexible LFO engine can modulate the delay time to create gentle movement or musical chaos. Conducting this analog ensemble is a 32-bit, 100MHz processor granting deep user control, preset functionality, and MIDI access to every parameter.
Sending is our love letter to the antiquated yet enduring technology of analog delay. As you explore its many shades of interplay between past and future, we hope you find it as immersive as we do.
Each knob has a primary and secondary function. Access secondary functions by pressing Shift once. Press again to return the panel to normal.
Time: delay time from <5ms to 1 second
Div: tempo divisions
Color: adjusts preamp gain while keeping level consistent
Trim: adjust volume up/down by 6dB
Mix: wet/dry blend
Mix Mode: Sets Mix knob as a crossfader between wet/dry or as a delay level control only
Feedback: sets the number of repeats, from one repeat to self-oscillation
Swell time: adjusts speed of feedback swell when Tap is held
Filter: cut lows or highs in the delay line
Rate: LFO rate
Chaos: LFO randomization
Depth: LFO intensity
Shape: Set LFO waveform
Preset Select Buttons (I, II, III): long press to save a preset, short press to recall
Engage Footswitch: turn effect on/off. Hold for 2 seconds to change the bypass mode.
Tap Footswitch: tap to set the delay time as a running average. Hold to ramp feedback up to max!
• A unique discrete preamplifier for subtle enhancement or full-range saturation that is automatically balanced for optimal output levels at all settings.
• Trails bypass mode that allows the preamp to be used as an always-on drive.
• Dual-mode Filter control that changes the tone of the delay repeats.
• Advanced analog filtering for low noise and high bandwidth on the delay line.
• Comprehensive digital control of every function using a powerful 32-bit processor system that seamlessly integrates with the analog signal path.
• Tap tempo with subdivisions and a hold mode for feedback swells.
• Delay time LFO engine with sine, square, and triangle waves plus a unique Chaos function that modulates the delay time using a truly random Lorenz attractor.
• Insert loop to apply external effects to delay repeats within the feedback path.
• Save and recall up to 32 presets: 3 via the front panel, the rest via MIDI.
• CV/Expression input that can be mapped to one or multiple controls.
• TRS MIDI input for control changes, preset selection, and clocking.
• Web-enabled firmware updates via the MIDI jack.
Bypass switching: Electronic bypass with buffered or Trails modes. Trails mode passes signal through the preamplifier.
Input impedance @ 1kHz: 1MΩ
Output impedance @ 1kHz: <1KΩ
Power: 9VDC, 2.1mm center negative barrel. Current draw is 350-380mA depending on the Time setting.
We recommend a regulated, isolated power supply rated for 400 mA minimum. The DC input is protected against reverse polarity and over-voltage up to 24V. Our pedals do not accept batteries.
All Electronic Audio Experiments pedals come with a warranty tied to the original owner.